Dates of the training: from 20 to 24 January 2020
Place: INSEP, 11 avenue du Tremblay, 75012 Paris, France
Theme: Training load
- To launch the ESC2 course and introduce the trainees with the methodologies and themes that will be approached afterwards (Testing, Individualization, Self-management & Team management, Back to sport & injury prevention).
- To create the best possible conditions to have all the stakeholders get to know each other and share experiences (trainees, trainers, experts).
- To provide high quality and up-to-date knowledge on training load.
- To answer the vocational expectations of the trainees while raising their awareness on the importance of using scientific knowledge to find practical solutions.
Content of the module
- Exchange of practices – Co-developpement sessions with certified coaches
- Collective work on case studies supported by experts
- Scientific conferences
- Sporting facilities visit
INSEP training team:
- INSEP vocational training department
- INSEP department of performance’ enhancement
- INSEP medical department
- Experts (coaches/mentors, physical assistants) of INSEP Sports centres (i.e. where the French athletes train) of « Grand INSEP » (network composed of INSEP and all regional sport performance centres)
- Renowned international experts on training load
In a view to adapt to the requests and questions of the trainees, a pool of resource-people able to bring their expertise anytime during the training session will be created. This team will help the trainees in the resolution of the case studies. They are all experts in their field (elite coaches, elite strength and conditioning coaches, researchers, doctors, etc.) and connected to the topic of the module. Their role will be to:
- Support the groups in their work on case-studies
- Interventions during the collective sessions
- Organize conferences
- Support the trainees in their personal reflection
Examination : Trainees will be examined both on written deliverables and orally. At the end of the module the participants will be be assessed on their ability to:
- Produce case study solutions
- Explain and justify the solutions with a scientific approach
- Present their work during a conference
- Scientific Article Review regarding Training load topics https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=training+load+AND+review
- Review of scientific articles and computer graphics regarding Sport (drawing the link between science and practice): https://ylmsportscience.com/